School Phone: (712) 642-4140 ext. 1114
Welcome back! We are excited to have students in the building next week and have worked to ensure your students are safe and in a productive learning environment.
Here are some reminders before we start school next Friday, August 14!
1. Chromebooks: New students will be issued a school Chromebook once student/parents have signed off on the appropriate paperwork. Students new to the district should click to view the 1-1 Chromebook Presentation and 1-1 Handbook for you to review. The Chromebook agreements will be sent home with you on the 1st day of school. You will be issued a device once you return the signed forms. Returning students will be issued their Chromebooks during the first full week of school.
2. New Students: If you are new to our district and would like a tour of the building, please contact me to make arrangements.
3. Schedule Changes. Please contact the school counselor, Mrs. Justesen, at email@example.com
4. IWCC Classes begin August 17. Please contact Mrs. Justesen with any questions.
5. Drive Slowly and Carefully. Please use caution when driving into the parking lot, before and after school. Students, please use the walkways as marked.
6. Backpacks/ Lockers. Students will need to utilize a backpack due to the COVID-19 guidance we received from Harrison County Public Health. This in in an attempt to limit hallway congestion. With that being said, all students will be issued a student locker that has a combination lock. You will be able to utilize your locker first thing in the morning and as needed throughout the day. Please see the video for directions about how to unlock your locker. Unlocking Your Locker Video We will help you the first few days, so please don't panic as this is new to our incoming 9th graders. If you are in need of a backpack, or other school items, please let me know as we have generous community members who have donated items for our students.
7. Online Registration. If you have not registered your student online for school, check out our web page for directions! MVCSD Webpage
8. The schedule for Friday, August 14 includes a 1:05 dismissal for all students in the district.
9. Cellphones during school: We have a new cellphone policy! Cellphones will not be allowed in classrooms. Students should keep their cellphones in their locked locker or backpack. Failure to do so will result in the process as outlined in the student handbook, pg. 23. MVHS Student Handbook
10. Because we have implemented an 8-period school day to give students more course options, the school board adopted new graduation credit requirements. They are as listed below and on pg. 26 of the student handbook MVHS Student Handbook:
Class of 2021 must earn 44 credits
Class of 2022 must earn 46 credits
Class of 2023 must earn 47 credits
Class of 2024 must earn 48 credits
11. New COVID protocols will be put into place at all campus buildings. Middle School/High School COVID-19 Building Information Please make special note of the procedure for school arrival times as they have changed from previous year. Key information for the 1st day includes:
Students will not be allowed into the building until 8:00 am unless they are eating breakfast (7:50) or have a prearranged meeting to see a teacher. While outside, it is recommended that students social distance and wear masks.
1st Period Classes begin at 8:10 am. Our school clock tends to run a minute or two ahead, so please make sure you arrive at school prior to that time.
Once students are allowed in the building, they can drop off items at their locker and proceed immediately to their 1st period class.
- No cars, including parents, may park in the bus/fire lane or drive in the middle school cul-de-sac during pick-up and drop-off .
This information and more will be covered with students on Friday, August 14.
We are excited to have you back in the building for the 2020-2021 school year! #mvpride