Introduction to Music
Introduction to Music is a one quarter exploratory class for all 6th grade students. It meets at period 7 from 1:45 pm - 2:32 pm. This is a general music class which focuses on offering every student the opportunity to perform using guitars and compose using music writing software.
Contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To explore and discuss the many reasons for performing and creating music.
- To learn and practice basic guitar techniques.
- To study different popular styles of music such as movie scores, pop music, traditional songs, and blues.
- To perform live in front of their peers.
- To create music which has a binary structure, four basic parts (melody, harmony, bass, rhythm), and shows compositional choices with their arranging and selections.