6th Grade Band
The Missouri Valley 6th Grade Band meets Monday, Wednesday, Friday, during period 3 from 9:52 am – 10:39am. This course is for students with the desire to learn performance and concert skills with an instrumental focus. Students explore different styles of music, music history and music theory through band music literature.
Contact by email at email@example.com
Contact me by Remind by texting @mv6thgrade to 81010
- To build correct instrumental/musical techniques and skills.
- Be able to play unison, 2 part, and 3 part music independently.
- To develop fundamental music reading skills.
- To introduce and improve the use of expressive elements such as dynamics, phrasing, and tempo.
- To connect with a variety of time periods, styles, cultures, and audiences through performing a variety of music.
- To enjoy working with a team of musicians to create something bigger than themselves.