The Missouri Valley Middle School Band is open to students grades 7-8. Band meets Monday, Wednesday, Friday, during period 6 from 12:54pm – 1:41 pm. This course is for students with the desire to learn performance and concert skills with an instrumental focus. Students explore different styles of music, music history and music theory through band music literature. The band performs at regular music department concerts, honor bands and at community functions.
Contact me by email at email@example.com
Contact me through Remind by texting @samarrieta to 81010
"Some days you get up and put the horn on your chops and it sounds pretty good and you win. Some days you try and nothing works and your horn wins. This goes on and on..." --Dizzy Gillespie
- To build correct instrumental/musical techniques and skills.
- To contribute to the blend, balance, and quality of the ensemble by developing the ability to play their instrument and part securely and independently.
- To develop fundamental music reading skillz.
- To improve the use of expressive elements such as dynamics, phrasing, and tempo.
- To connect with a variety of time periods, styles, cultures, and audiences through performing a variety of music.
- To provide for the musical needs of our community and build Missouri Valley’s music culture.
- To create instrumental performance art at the highest possible level with of a team of musicians.