The Missouri Valley High School Band is open to students grades 9-12. Band meets daily during period 4 from 10:43 am – 11:30 am. This course is for students with the desire to learn performance and concert skills with an instrumental focus. Students explore different styles of music, music history and music theory through band music literature. The band performs at regular music department concerts, football and basketball games, honor bands and at community functions.
Contact by email at email@example.com
Contact me through Remind by texting @mrarrieta to 81010
“Education in music is most sovereign because more than anything else rhythm and harmony find their way to the innermost soul and take strongest hold upon it.”--Plato
- To establish and reinforce healthy & correct instrumental/musical techniques and skills.
- To contribute to the blend, balance, and quality of the ensemble by developing the ability to play their instrument and part securely and independently.
- To recognize, understand, and apply structural elements of melody, harmony, rhythm, and form as a performer and a listener.
- To develop fundamental music skills in notation and sight reading.
- To improve the use of expressive elements such as dynamics, phrasing, and tempo.
- To expand knowledge of repertoire, performances, and artistic achievement from a variety of countries, societies, and cultures.
- To relate to other musicians and audiences through understanding & communicating the sociological, historical, and philosophical purposes of studied instrumental music.
- To provide for the musical needs of our community.
- To create instrumental performance art at the highest possible level with of a team of musicians.