High School Principal News & Contact Information
Welcome back! We are excited to have students in the building for the 2023-2023 school year!
Here are some reminders before we start school on Tuesday, August 23, 2022.
1. Chromebooks: New students will be issued a school Chromebook once student/parents have signed off on the appropriate paperwork. Students new to the district should click to view the 1-1 Chromebook Presentation and 1-1 Handbook for you to review. The Chromebook agreements will be sent home with you on the 1st day of school. You will be issued a device once you return the signed forms. Returning students will be issued their Chromebooks during the first full week of school.
2. New Students: If you are new to our district and would like a tour of the building, please contact me to make arrangements.
3. Schedule Changes. Please contact the school counselor, Mrs. Justesen, at [email protected]
4. IWCC Classes begin on August 16. Please contact Mrs. Justesen with any questions.
5. Drive Slowly and Carefully. Please use caution when driving into the parking lot, before and after school. Students, please use the walkways as marked.
6. NO Backpacks during the school day/ Lockers must be used. All students will be issued a student locker that has a combination lock. You will be able to utilize your locker first thing in the morning and as needed throughout the day. Please see the video for directions on how to unlock your locker. Unlocking Your Locker Video We will help you the first few days, so please don't panic as this is new to our incoming 9th graders. If you are in need of a backpack, or other school items, please let me know as we have generous community members who have donated items for our students.
7. Online Registration. If you have not registered your student online for school, check out our web page for directions! MVCSD Webpage
8. The schedule for Tuesday, August 23 includes a 1:05 dismissal for all students in the district.
9. Cell phones during school: Cell phones will not be allowed in classrooms. Students should keep their cell phones in their locked locker or backpack. Failure to do so will result in the process as outlined in the student handbook, pg. 23. MVHS Student Handbook
10. Because we have implemented an 8-period school day to give students more course options, the school board adopted new graduation credit requirements. They are as listed below and on pg. 26 of the student handbook MVHS Student Handbook:
Class of 2023 must earn 47 credits
Class of 2024 and beyond must earn 48 credits
We are excited to have you back in the building for the 2022-2023 school year! #mvpride